Sunday, January 16, 2011

A historical match!! and a historical deal!!

Today’s experience was “AWESOME”. I witnessed a historical match between South Africa and India LIVE at the Wanderers Stadium, Joburg, South Africa. I just can’t explain the excitement, the environment, the happiness and joy I felt during the entire match.

To start from the beginning, on Friday it was raining heavily here and the newspapers had given a “Flood Warning.” We were discussing on Friday night whether the match will get cancelled. But today in the morning when the sun was shining, I was smiling. I don’t know how it happens or what the reason behind it is. But God has shown me innumerable ways to trust him with my life; he always listens to my prayers, always.

Well so we reached the stadium, and the match began. It was a very slow match. We didn’t score so much, considering the history Wanderers Stadium has.
The 2003 Cricket World Cup final was held at the Wanderers Stadium. This stadium also hosted one of the greatest One-day international matches. The match was played between South Africa and Australia in which a world record score of 434 was chased down by South Africa.
Considering this, the score that India made was disappointing. But as they say, hope is always there. And so India didn’t lose that single thing till the last breath.

I had got tickets for the grass embankment and it was an awesome experience. I feel one should experience the excitement that’s there sitting there and being so close to action. Watching the match LIVE was simply great, thrilling and happening. The joy and pride we felt after India won the match by 1 run cannot be explained. I am really falling short of words here…….

But I wanted to share something. I have a weird habit, whenever something impossible is about to happen, I always pray to God and make a pact with him. Tell him if this happens, maybe I would think of this other impossibility happening (real soon). And both the conditions are always the right things to happen. While I am an Indian, obviously the right thing for me would be that India wins ;-) and then I made the pact with God (and this time I prayed hatke, obviously the right thing in my life, truly the right thing :-). And I am so happy God told me what he wanted to tell, even though I want him to reveal His plan for me through such weird ways.
I really am wondering God speaks to us in so many ways, yet we fail to understand his plan sometimes. But he never ceases to do it. He always gives us opportunities, innumerable one’s to always make our lives better but we so often don’t notice them or simply ignore them. We can really be foolish at times ;-) including me :-)

I know this post has gone a different way, but I wanted to share it with ul. :-) it sounds too perfect for today. Just like how my life seems right every time I try to search God.
I wonder how God can be so patient with me :-)
I remembered a few lines from a hymn now:

He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.

1. There really ought to be a sign upon the heart,
Don't judge her yet, there's an unfinished part.
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.

2. In the mirror of His Word reflections that I see
Makes me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the Potter, I'm the clay.

7 comments:

  1. hmmm.... wish i could have seen u on tv too, like so many others...n yes, i was happy to know that india won... n even happier to know that u "won" too :) anyways, glad to know u had fun..... btw, y is there no mention of ur adventures n heroics off field ;) ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. arre its fine Rinku :) u know im always in ur heart :) yeah finally i have "won" :) i thought not to mention the unpleasant part of the match :) some people cant support India so they should not even taunt them, but i surely taught them a lesson :) am glad i stood up for India :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. see...thats y u r such a "hero" to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hey hey...........
    i want to know abt the heroics that u did :):):)
    what happened there????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah abt the heroics… arre there were a bunch of boys who were taunting all the players near the boundary line :(
    They were telling the rumors abt them and just not decent things.. very very cheap things…

    And I was getting very angry… but my colleague was saying don’t say anything, kyu panga lena…
    But I was getting very angry… kaise toh control kar rahi thi…. But u know me na ek mauka mila aur main jaane nahi deti hoon :)

    So after some time, they asked me for India ka flag and I shouted at them, told them ki India ko support toh nahi kar sakte toh atleast keep ur mouth shut!!!
    That boy got scared of me I guess :P
    And then he was quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post once again! i initially thought,the post will be describing the excitement of match. (As in, how we fail to build a good total and then how they failed to chase it.) However the post has taken nice turn in the end. I liked it. hope you will get everything that you wished!! Keep making pacts with God(maybe he likes your 'hatke' prayers)! All the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Akhilesh, i love to get signs from God.. u know alchemist has been one of my fav books ;) i never ignore such signs.. esp 1 run victory is too big a sign :) i think God knew im ignoring all the earlier simple one's :P and God always listens to our prayers hatke or not hatke :P

    ReplyDelete