Thursday, January 6, 2011

Moments: oUt-oF-tHE-bLuE


“Freedom loving Uranians” is how Linda Goodman describes an Aquarian and I am no different. I have always done what I feel like in my entire life, but until recently I have experienced a new-found joy in doing things without anyone’s consent and just listening to my heart.
In India, I would never drive a car, just occasionally and that too to practice so I could drive well here. And even recently my close friends would tell you that I wouldn’t enjoy riding a 2 wheeler for long…. I don’t know why.. Maybe I would be tired while riding the 2 wheeler or just bored with the traffic..

Here in South Africa, thanks to the crime scene of the country, having a car is a necessity. So the company I work for has given me a Ford Fiesta for my own convenience. And since then I love driving, love driving on N1 at 120/130, love driving on highways at 80/90. Love going when I want to, where I want to. Listening to my favourite songs playing and just enjoying the drive. And recently I was so obsessed with this love that on New Year’s Eve I wanted to go alone on a drive to a place. It’s a place just 10 minutes away from my home. The roads here are just not straight; they are all on a hilly terrain. And on my way to office, there is a hill and if you look below, the view is beautiful. I wanted to go there that night.

But as my colleagues believe in safety first and not taking risks, I chucked the idea after much persuading. But the idea to explore a new place was still there in my mind; so on 1st January 2011, at around 5:00 p.m I left for a drive. I didn’t know where I was heading, just wanted to explore a new place, wanted to go somewhere beautiful. And I kept following my intuition and taking turns, driving and I did reach a beautiful place. It was a hilly area, with hills and valleys all around, and kachcha roads leading nowhere. And I know why I reached there; I was following signs of a “Bungee Jumping (50m)” board because I knew the place would be beautiful. And there I was. I was so thrilled by my experience and so happy that I have discovered the place on my own without any instructions from anyone.

Doing this I have realized there are so many things I love to do, have always loved to do, but did not do it, due to such silly reasons. Now I am doing it, doing what I want to, enjoying my independence and knowing that life is short, enjoy every moment God has gifted me with. Sometimes we even know what we love doing, but other things crowd our minds and we don’t pay attention to those things. We are busy in living our routine lives, which is a good thing to do, don’t get me wrong ;-) :P but sometimes just out of the blue, do things u have always loved to do. You will experience a unique happiness, unique joy that will last for days to come. And I feel these little moments makeup for a wonderful life. Later you will remember these moments and smile.

4 comments:

  1. yay! another N1 speed junkie :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup madamji..... haven't heard (actually read) truer words...it feels most wonderful wen u do wat u love to do or have wanted to do for a long time :) in fact, God knows, i've done so many of those things with u as my partner in crime ;)Thanks again for all those super happy moments n memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks to u too Rinku with all my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like doing that too, sometimes I find myself driving to nowhere just because I like it. It does take some realization to get to the point where you know that life is short and you will miss out if you keep waiting to enjoy. I wish I had realized it earlier, but like its said, its never too late! Keep driving!!

    ReplyDelete